Title of Project:
Identifying Generative Career Adaptive Retirees as Successful Workplace Mentors
Human Research Ethics Approval Number:
H17REA101 - University of Southern Queensland
- This project is being undertaken as part of a PhD project.
- The purpose of this project is to explore and identify the attitudes and adaptabilities a reitree requires if initatiating a return to the workforce with the intent of imparting their skills and knoweldge to a diverse intergenerational workforce.
- All questionnaire participants will identity themselves as post-retirement.
- The research team requests your assistance becaue your current perspective as a post-retirement member of the community will provide valuable input to the overall research purpose.
- Personal identifiers will not be used within the research, with all quesitonnaire responses completed anonymously.
- Future use of data: Questionnaire results will be made available to participants, stakeholders and other researchers upon request after all dissemination and pubication activities have been completed by the research team.
Your participation will involve completion of a questionnaire that will take approximately 15mins of your time.
Questions will include:
- Your reasons to unretire and return to the workforce.
- How you would adapt to a changing workplace.
- What is your opinion of the younger generations and do you feel you can relate?
Your participation in this project is entirely voluntary. If you do not wish to take part you are not obliged to. If you decide to take part and later change your mind, you are free to withdraw from the project at any stag. Please note: that if you wish to withdraw from the project after you have submitted your responses, the Research Team are unable to remove your data form the project (unless identifiable information has been collected). If you do wish to withdraw from this project, please contact the Reseach Team (contact details at the bottom of this form).
Your decision whether to take part, do not take part, or to take part and then withdraw, will in no way impact your current or future relationship with the University of Southern Queensland.
It is expcted that this project will not directly benefit you, however, it may benefit future intergenerational workforce development that includes the important issue of encouraging post-retirement age workers in transferring their knowledge to the younger generations.
There are no anticipated risks beyond normal day-to-day living associated with your participation in this project. There is the possible invonvenience of time commitment with up to a maximum 15 minutes required of your time to complete the questionnaire.
Privacy and Confidentiality
All comments and responses will be treated confidentially unless required by law.
The questionnaire will be anonymous with your name not required in any of the responses. Near the conclusion of the online questionnaire, the participant will be clearly provided the opportunity to provide their contact details if they wish; however, this is not a compulsory action.
Any questionnaire data collected as a part of this project will be stored securely as per University of Southern Queensland's Research Data Managment policy.
Consent to Participate
In completing questionnaire via online:
Clicking on the 'Submit' button at the conclusion of the onlien questionnaire is accepted as an indication of your consent to pariticpate in this project.
Concerns or Complaints Regarding the Conduct of the Project
If you have any concerns or complaints about the ethical conduct of the poject you may contact the University of Southern Queensland Ethics Coordinator at the email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Ehtics Coordinator is not connected with the research project and can facilitate a resolution to your concern in an unbiased manner.
Thank you for taking time to help with this research project.